Click here for information on DP 50 and Impact Ratings
Most of our stock doors are approved for wind load design pressure DP50 and can also be impact rated
What makes a door impact rated?
- Each door unit in the Impact Rated section is subjected to 4500 wind cycles per side after being
struck by a wooden 2 x 4 traveling at 35 mph in order to simulate wind borne debris.
- The impacts occur at stile and rail joints, wooden panel locations, as well as glass.
- All Impact Rated products are manufactured using glass supplied by Cardinal Glass Corporation using DuPont .090 Sentry Glass Plus (SGP) interlayer.
- This SGP interlayer is the latest innovation in DuPont’s family of glass insulating products. It offers five times the tear strength and 100 times the rigidity of conventional interlayer products.
- The Impact Rated Products also require the use of Ashland Multipoint mechanisms.
- Double doors require multipoint lock mechanism on both the inactive as well as active doors.
- Due to design requirements for impact glass products, all doors will be Simulated Divided Lites (SDL) rather than True Divided Lites (TDL).
- Shadow bars/spacers will be utilized between the insulated glass panes to simulate the look of a TDL.
- All SDL products in the impact line are offered in 7/8” widths.
- DSA continues to do more testing to offer a greater offering of impact products.